Private Patients

Edenhope & District Memorial Hospital is a public hospital offering private patients not only peace of mind in receiving the highest standard of medical services, but also extra benefits of private care.

These benefits are –

  • No out of pocket expenses- (excluding dental and items not included in CMBS.)
  • Preferential access to a single room
  • An upgraded menu choices and wine/beer selection.
  • Offer of fruit or cheese platter
  • Bathrobe for use on premises
  • ‘Comfort’ pack
  • Choice of daily local newspaper
  • Choice of doctor (with practice rights at EDMH)
  • Health fund gap paid by hospital

As part of our commitment to support private patients, Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital (EDMH) have recently established a ‘no gap’ policy. This means that if you elect to be a private patient at EDMH, you will not incur any out of pocket expenses.

  • EDMH will cover any excess or co-payments applicable to your current admission based on your Private Health Fund’s excess fee policy.
  • Diagnostic and medical accounts will be rendered directly to you by your attending doctors. Medicare will cover 75% of the Commonwealth Medical Benefits Schedule fee for the medical services provided to private patients while in hospital and private health insurance will cover the remaining 25% of the fee.
  • Where a doctor charges a fee which exceeds the Commonwealth Medicare Benefits Scheme fee, EDMH will pay the difference between the fee charged by the doctor and the Schedule fee.  If this occurs, we will need a copy of the invoice in order to process the payment.

If you require any further information, you can download our private patients flyer here

or please contact EDMH on 03 5585 9800 to discuss further.