Edenhope Bush Nursing Hospital

In 1930 the Edenhope Bush Nursing Hospital was built at the EDMH current site at a cost of £1910.  All of this money was raised by the local district.

The original hospital consisted of 2 wards containing 5 beds, a hall, sitting room, maternity room, an operating theatre, nurses quarters, a kitchen, pantry, bathroom and laundry.  Three sides of the building was a verandah covered in flywire.

In 1950 the Edenhope Bush Nursing Hospital was renamed the Edenhope & District Hospital, still a two ward hospital it was at this time the management was transferred to the Hospital and charities commission.