Minogues private Hospital

Minogues private Hospital

Mrs Minogues private Hospital was the first known Hospital in Edenhope. Opened in 1910 by Jean Minogue at the site of the now Edenhope Antiques.

Edenhope Bush Nursing Hospital

Edenhope Bush Nursing Hospital

In 1930 the Edenhope Bush Nursing Hospital was built at the EDMH current site at a cost of £1910.  All of this money was raised by the local district.

The original hospital consisted of 2 wards containing 5 beds, a hall, sitting room, maternity room, an operating theatre, nurses quarters, a kitchen, pantry, bathroom and laundry.  Three sides of the building was a verandah covered in flywire.

In 1950 the Edenhope Bush Nursing Hospital was renamed the Edenhope & District Hospital, still a two ward hospital it was at this time the management was transferred to the Hospital and charities commission.



Edenhope & District Memorial Hospital

Edenhope & District Memorial Hospital

In 1961 the hospital was upgraded and extended to a 23 bed facility.  At the opening of the extension the hospital was renamed Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital in honor of all who died during World War II.

On the 1 September 1988, the hospital assumed independent status by appointing its own full time chief executive officer.

The Bade Wing Nursing Home

In 1988-89 a new Nursing Home was built consisting of 18 beds and a Day Care Centre. This created a facility of 20 acute beds and 18 Nursing Home beds.  Along with funding from the Victorian Government, an amazing $500,000 was raised by the local community for this project. The Bade Wing as it was named opened on 25 October 1991.

The Lakes Hostel

The Lakes Hostel

In early 1996 the Hospital commenced work on the building of a 17 bed Hostel on the hospital grounds facing Lake Wallace.  The Lakes Hostel was officially opend in March 1997 and by the end of that same years was fully occupied.

During 2001 it was identified that there was a need for additional aged care places and additional 5 beds were added making the Hostel a 22 bed facility.

The Elsie Bennett Community Centre

At the same time as the Hostel was being built funding was received from the government and a generous bequeath from the late Elsie Bennett to build a new Adult Day Centre (prior to this day centre activities were housed in the Nursing home dining room. This project was built in conjunction to the Lakes Hostel. In October 1997 The Elsie Bennett Day centre, the Lakes Hostel, the new laundry and kitchen were officially opened by Federal Member for Malle, John Forrest.

Edenhope Hospital Medical Clinic

Edenhope Hospital Medical Clinic

The Medical clinic was built with the assistance of funding from the Australian Government National Rural & Remote Health Infrastructure Program and administered by the West Wimmera Shire Council for the construction of the Medical Clinic. A further substantial donation was received from Edenhope Community Bank. The clinic was opened in October 2012.